Makes 4-6 servings
- 1.16 kg boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (6-8)
- 2¼ cup onions, diced
- 1½ Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch dry chillies
- Start by chopping chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, caramelize the onions and garlic in the oil (about 20 minutes).
- Add the chicken, cover the pot and cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally (10 minutes).
- Uncover pot, add the remaining ingredients (one at a time, or mix them together in a bowl and add all at once) and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has the perfect consistency for your family, friends, or guests of honour!
Real Food Tips:
- If you like heat, this is a dish that can handle an extra shot of chili. Serve with basmati rice, your favourite veggie, and a side of cooling raita or plain yogurt.